Norwegian language for Hospitality Industry
Norwegian language for Hospitality Industry
Our Norwegian language course for hospitality industry is a great option to professionals in the hotel and restaurant field who need to improve their communication skills for work purposes.
The course combines live lessons twice a week, two individual lessons per month and unlimited hours of guided study online in an online platform. The one-on-one online meetings run twice a month and are based on documents and work related topics.
During the course the teacher will supervise in the platform and guide the study by sending topics, documents and homework.
What is included in the course?
- Live group lessons, twice a week (check schedules available below);
- 2 individual lessons per month, with focus on specific content you need to perform your work;
- Unlimited access to an e-learning online platform;
- Teacher guidance and supervision between classes.
Which professionals could benefit from this course?
- Hotel employees working in departments such as management, reception and front office, house keeping, F&B, Kitchen, Meetings and Events, Sales and Marketing, between others;
- Restaurant employees such as managers, chefs, bartenders, waiters, headwaiters, sommeliers, hosts, runners, between others.
Possible schedules: Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 to 10:30 / 12:00 to 13:30 / 17:00 to 18:30 / 19:00 to 20:30
What to expect in the E-learning platform
Our classes approach
Focus on your real needs
Our guided study courses for professionals are designed to focus on your job daily life needs. You will have the chance to improve the general Norwegian content in the online platform and focus on specific topics with your tutor.
Teacher supervision and support
Homework, questions, videos and much more in our online resorces: all the interactions between teachers and students in one place help to have great structure and transparency in the process of second language acquisition.
Focus on speaking and correct Norwegian pronunciation
Besides all the Norwegian grammar exercises in our e-learning platform, we focus on speaking proper Norwegian and correct pronunciation during our live language coaching sessions.
About your course
What happens next?
First, you will receive 24/7 access to digital resources. You can think about it as your "live Norwegian book". You will have possibility to train all 4 language skills there: listening, reading, writing and speaking. This access is usually sent within 24 hours after purchase.
You will receive access to digital resources a good time before your first lesson, so you will be able to get to know, learn and get used to work in digital resourses.
Then, you will also receive information about the start of your course, including the starting date confirmation and the access details to join the virtual classes on Microsoft Teams.
During your virtual classes you will train another skill: speaking Norwegian together with other skills.
- 2 hours of live training per month with our experienced and qualified language tutors through Microsoft teams;
- 24/7 unlimited access to our e-learning program online with content explanation and engaging exercises;
- Teacher and staff assistance and support throughout all the course;
- A certificate of attendance for the course, which include the hours of live training and the hours of self-study in the online platform.
What can you expect?
Our courses have a dynamic and interactive approach, with all the learners participating actively and interacting in the classes.
In this course you will have contact with all the components of the language: listening, speaking, reading and writing Norwegian. Grammar will be presented during the course to ensure the students have a solid foundation on which to build their communicative skills.
We also work with the phonology of Norwegian allowing you to recognise and pronounce the sounds unique to Norwegians.
What do I need for my classes?
For your online live classes, you only need a device with internet connection.
The classes are taught on Microsoft Teams, but you won't need to purchase the program. You will be sent a link to join the course virtually.
You will also be provided with further instructions and assistance when the information is sent and our team is available to assist you if you need.
InLearn is closed for business on the Norwegian public holidays.